Friday, January 28, 2011

There's Snow End to This!

Can you believe it? It just keeps snowing and snowing in New York City. I’ve always said, being a warm weather person, there’s one place I wouldn’t ever want to live: Alaska. Well it seems Alaska has come to me. It now resides as my neighbor in New York City. And as the AMNY newspaper says, “There is snow end in sight.” Wednesday night another 19 inches fell. More snow predicted tonight and tomorrow and another big storm next week. It looks like we are on track to break the all time record for seasonal snowfall: 75.6 inches. Not only does the snow keep coming, it’s cold. See the pictures to your right. The Hudson River is full of ice floating towards the Atlantic Ocean. It was 8 degrees with a wind chill of 5 below in the City the other morning. I would celebrate if the temperature would rise above freezing……looks like I won’t celebrate for awhile.  
Even worse, I was going to fly to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for a week of writing and thawing and viewing the now famous piano bar. After the storm Wednesday night the airports were closed and I wouldn’t have got to my flight anyway. I am car- less and the taxis were stuck in two foot drifts. Oh well, I can try again next week. Of course, there is the storm predicted for exactly the same time my flight is scheduled. We shall see…..
Whatever happened to the dreaded Global Warming?
Stan the Man

No comments:

Post a Comment