Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bal Harbour, Florida

It is truly mind-boggling how easily a new and different location gains power over me.  Bal Harbour, just north of Miami Beach, Florida has the power to detour my efforts and intentions in unexpected directions. Yes, gazing at the ocean, walking on the beach, sitting in the warm sunshine and generally becoming familiar with new and exotic surroundings. All of this and more has the power to dissuade me from my good intentions. Therefore it has been beyond a week since I have posted anything new on this blog. It is time to get to it. Tomorrow I return to New York City along with the throngs of New Yorkers who come here and make the Miami area simply an extension of New York City. Of Course it is a lot more than that. The weather is consistently perfect. Oh, there are brief tropical showers but the sun quickly chases those away. The beaches of beautiful sand and rolling blue surf are incredible with the water temperature running around 84 degrees. Along the beaches there are walking trails without crowds. In fact there are only occasional runners and walkers. Not nearly enough to obstruct your path. This contrasts with New York City, where walking requires one to navigate an obstacle course through crowds of humanity as they hurry somewhere, anywhere.
I know there are important things going on in the world. I won’t comment since without a television or newspaper I know little. I’m fine with that for right now. I don’t think I will like knowing more anyway. Instead I will post several photos to the right to provide you with a sense of the surroundings here. You will see the beach, palm trees, the unoccupied trails lined with tropical plants. Until next time….
Stan the Man

No comments:

Post a Comment