Onward and Upward
Mind boggling changes bring new challenges that make moving ahead more of a challenge. Yes, first there was my stroke which required both occupational and physical therapy. Of course I have been retired for some time so I did not have an occupation to re-learn or anything like that but I do write a lot so that's what my occupational therapy focused on, getting more control of my left hand for typing. I have improved quite a bit but am still struggling a little even though I "graduated" from that program this past week.
Physical therapy has focused on walking, first without the walker and then without a cane. I accomplished both of those goals and am now working on my balance, I can walk a little wobbly sometimes, my balance has improved but the physical therapists have continued to put me through my rigorous paces twice a week for almost a month now. I'm hoping tomorrow I will graduate from that program.
We are looking forward to our appointment, the first one, with a Neurologist in Tucson who specializes in stroke recovery to find out what our approach should be from here out regarding continued recovery and avoiding a second stroke which are fairly common. That will be helpful to me, having more information.
Hopefully we will be on our way to Washington State come September 10th to visit family. The wildfires up there in the Pacific Northwest are continuing to burn and insure smokey air so we don't know exactly what we will find but the key word is flexibility. I don't want to be in a dangerous location in terms of fire or smoke.I don't think that would be good for me, a stroke survivor or for my wonderful wife and caregiver, Katherine.
We will attempt to continue keeping everyone up to date periodically.
Stan the Man
e
No comments:
Post a Comment