Friday, October 22, 2010

The power of values

Over many years of working with people and observing their successes and failures, as well as my own, I have seen the mind-boggling power of having clear values and living by those. This doesn't mean that its possible to always live consistent with your values. It does mean that when you get off track and things aren't going well, your values can provide a positive goal to move towards. Without clear values it becomes much more difficult to know who you are or where you want to be in your life. Clearly stated values make it easier to live your life instead of finding yourself living someone else's life. What are your values? It is helpful to think about and identify them. I like to have them in writing for myself. Five values I have identified to be particularly important for myself and those I've worked with are:

1.Peacefullness

2.Attentiveness

3.Contribution

4.Resilience

5 Acceptance

More about each of these values as well as additional identified values in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment