Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nobody but you....

Well, there’s so much going on in the world it’s hard to know what to write about. It’s a mind-boggling time isn’t it? Perhaps I should write of the stock market rollercoaster, 30 Navy Seals killed in Afghanistan, out-of-control crowds in London, the finger pointing, criticisms of President Obama or the muddle of potential Republican presidential candidates. No, I think I will ignore those happenings. I’ve had enough. Instead I will share a poem by one of my favorite poets, Charles Bukowski who passed away in 1994:
nobody can save you but yourself
and you’re worth saving
it’s a war not easily won
but if anything is worth winning this is it
think about it
think about saving yourself
your spiritual self
your gut self
your singing magical self
don’t join the dead in spirit
maintain yourself
with humor and grace
and finally if necessary
wager your life as you struggle
damn the odds, damn the price
The poem entitled, Nobody But You, carries a good message of what’s important for us all in these times including those in our government who purport to represent our best interests.
Also I need to give credit for the Peace design in the photo to the right. I simply took a photo of a bottle of wine from the Peace Family Vineyards in Southeast Australia. The wine was great and we love the label.
Stan the Man  

No comments:

Post a Comment